After reading the Monday Rant at Light Motifs (Platinum Edition) I have given some thought to Blogger's formatting style within their compose window. It seems limiting, and I was whining about how some Millennial programmer at Google has decided for us all what style we should use when we blog.
As frequently happens when I whine about something, I subsequently learned that I was (sort of) wrong. It turns out that there is some modicum of control over paragraph style within the Blogger compose window. Specifically how new paragraphs look.
The default seems to be the "block" style, if you will, where the first line of a new paragraph is not indented, and there is a double space between paragraphs. This is not the style preferred by publishers when review manuscripts. That seems to be more a more novel-like equal line spacing throughout, and with indentation. Also double-spaced, but, in blogs I have decided that looks a little too manuscripty.
To change the default paragraph, one need only go to the toolbar above the compose window, and use one of the drop down menus to change the "paragraph" menu to "normal." All this does is remove the paragraph tag ( <p> ) from the generated HTML. It then also recognizes tab as an indentation.
Ta Daah
It's so complicated. My older posts have different issues, where the text is squashed up next to the image, so I have to go in the code and change "alignleft" to "alignnone." Plus make the pic size medium so it doesn't flood over the page. Newer posts never seem to have the align issues, but images sometimes get links flung into their code (links to other posts of mine or to the SAME post). Just bizarre...
ReplyDeleteBut I am determined to fix everything. As I am, I'm deleting more posts, such as ones where I've flung up other people's poetry. Idk why I ever did that. Just because I liked it, I guess...
That is a much weirder situation than Blogger's. When dealing with unseen html tags, editing and moving things around can sometimes become problematic.
ReplyDeleteGood luck and have fun!
Thanks! I used the word "flung" twice in that short comment. Odd...
ReplyDeleteI will not attempt to psychoanalyze your word choice, above, regardless of the rich visuals evoked.
ReplyDeleteI am very bad about re-using words within a short time. I think MS Word could use a feature that searches for and highlights word repeats, excluding the more common words, of course. Although I guess that could real annoying.
Nice Roy. I'll have to check if I'm in need of a change. :)
ReplyDelete