Sunday, November 19, 2017

M-day + 4

I'd have to say that I am moved into the new place, mostly.


Still trying to decide where I'd like to sit when I write. At the moment, I have a Mac sitting on the little wood table just to the left of that upright beam. Not sure I like that. Probably stick with the Twilight Zone corner. 

I have a growing list of things the building managers need to address in the new place. Just little stuff, though after all the glowing reports I've heard about these guys I'm a little surprised that they didn't go through the loft first and get everything up to snuff. It's as if they want to see what they can get away with.  

The first day here I took my walk in the morning. I walked across the bridge that spans the Interstate (the "downtown loop") and went downtown. I walked to the Kansas City Public Library, near 10th and Main, and back. That was about two miles in total. Not bad. Yesterday I took a similar route but went to Cosentino's Grocery, a huge grocery store at 13th and Main. I did this as a test run. Maybe not something I would do if I needed to buy something at the last minute, but OK for a planned shopping excursion. If I bought too much, I could take the street car back. Or, I suppose I could take the street car both ways. 

It's all kind of cool. 

1 comment:

  1. Public transportation is definitely one of our new "musts". I'm so sick of suburban life and the need for a car to get places. You sound very nicely situated in this regard. Also, I really like the look of your new place.

    ReplyDelete

Improve the silence